|Title||Colpoy's Bay Ladies' Aid Society minute books|
|Dates of Creation||1905-1957|
|Creator||Colpoys Bay Ladies' Aid Society|
Twelve volumes of minute books created by the Colpoy's Bay Woman's Missionary Society of the Methodist Church (renamed the Ladies' Aid Society in 1909). The volumes span the periods: 1905-1910, 1916-1918, 1918-1922, 1920-1932, 1922-1923, 1924-1926, 1926-1928, 1932-1938, 1938-1943; 1943-1948, and 1948-1957.
The first two books bear the cover title "Recording Secretary's Book."
Minutes from 1912-191- are included in the back of the Minute Book of the Junior Epworth League of Colpoy's Bay.
The Minute Books include membership lists.
Built in 1875, it was consecrated as a Bible Christian Church in October 1876. In 1884, it joined the unified Methodist Church of Canada. The
Church was served from Wiarton until is received its own minister in 1892.
The women of the Church formed a missionary society in 1905 to study and raise money for foreign missions; it was renamed Ladies' Aid Society in 1909. After that time, its prime financial responsibility became the maintenance of the parsonage. Over the years, it contributed substantially to the maintenance and improvement of the church building.
Source: Albemarle Township Historical Society. "Albemarle: A History of the Township." Ed. Dorothy Crocker. Wiarton: Albemarle Township Historical Society, 1991. Print.
|Collection||Colpoy's Bay Ladies' Aid Society fonds|
|Physical Description||8.5 cm of textual records (12 volumes)|
|Level of Description||Series|