|Title||Burgoyne Cheese Factory statements|
|Dates of Creation||1897-1898|
|Creator||Burgoyne Cheese Factory|
13 Burgoyne Cheese Factory statements May 1897 - October 1898, in the name of "John Pierson" and "John Pearson" On the back of the statements are "Instructions for the Care of Milk".
Part of the John Peirson fonds (A988.033.001-.082), these items were enclosed in the 1893 diary of John Peirson (A988.033.004).
|Finding Aids||Finding aid listing John Peirson diaries and all of their enclosures is available.|
|Finding Aid and Transcription Links||John Peirson fonds finding aid, with itemized list of diary enclosures|
|Admin/Biographical History||A cheese company was operating in Burgoyne in or around 1875. In 1894, the Lot was formally sold to the Burgoyne Cheese and Butter Factory. The company became defunct in or around 1907. The patrons in the district drew their own milk to the factory and also took turns drawing cheese to Port Elgin. John Peirson is noted as being president of the Company in a Township of Saugeen Tax Notice dated October 14, 1903.|
|Provenance||These records were transferred to the Archives by the University of Western Ontario in 1988, their file No. CA9ONPEI225Y8D31 OE|
|Collection||Peirson, John fonds|
|Physical Description||13 sheets ; 13.5 x 9.5 cm each|
|Businesses and Organizations||Burgoyne Cheese Company|
|Level of Description||Item|