|Title||Elizabeth Oliver Burgess diary, 1924-1925|
|Dates of Creation||January 1, 1924 - April 1, 1924, January 1, 1925 - April 12, 1925|
|Creator||Burgess, Elizabeth Oliver|
Part of series 2 of the James and Elizabeth Burgess family fonds, this is a sample of one of 13 diariesdiary Elizabeth Oliver Burgess, born June 14, 1896, son of Christina Thompson Rowand and William Burgess of Port Elgin, Bruce County, Ontario. The diary generally contains entries for every day from January 1, 1924 - April 12, 1925 .
Topics covered include:
- friends and family (deaths, hospitalization, visiting etc.)
- social activities
- church attendance (voted on the "Church Union" question Jan. 6, 10 & 16, 1925 at Dunblane)
- work done by herself and family around the home, bush and farm.
- Price of beef (Jan 11, 1924 - 10 cents a pound)
- Stevens-Hepner paying $50 per thousand ft. for elm logs. (Feb. 23, 1924)
- weather (earthquake shock felt March 2, 1925)
On the inside back cover is a list of Letters Received and Letters Sent in 1925.
|Admin/Biographical History||See A2012.087.013-.022 Series for Biographical History.|
|Collection||Burgess, James and Elizabeth family fonds|
|Physical Description||0.5 cm of textual records.|
Burgess, Christina Thompson Rowand
Burgess, Elizabeth Oliver ("Olive")
Burgess, James Rowand ("Rowand")
Burgess, William Noble
|Level of Description||Item|
|Parent Object||Burgess series 2|