|Title||Mildmay Rotary Club Program|
|Dates of Creation||November 15, 1943|
|Creator||Mildmay Rotary Club|
A white program entitled "Charter Presentation Exercises of the Mildmay Rotary Club at Town Hall, Mildmay, Ontario." The program is for an event that took place Monday, November 15, 1943 at 7 pm. It was sponsored by The Rotary Club of Paisley, Ontario.
Included is a list of officers, directors and charter members with the Mildmay Rotary Club.
Handwritten notes cover the inside jacket. Autographs of members are signed on the back jacket.
|Admin/Biographical History||The Rotary Club of Mildmay was formed in September 1943. The Mildmay Rotary Club was sponsored by The Rotary Club of Paisley with The Charter Night held Nov. 15, 1943 in the old town hall. Some 200 guests attended from various Rotary Clubs in the District. It wasn't long before the Mildmay Club became a "Mother" with the Clifford Rotary Club, which was "born" on June 23, 1944. (Source: "Historical Walks Through Carrick and Mildmay," pg. 544)|
|Provenance||This item was provided to the Museum by Craigleith Heritage Depot. Craigleith Heritage Depot is an old train station located in the Town of The Blue Mountains. The building was formerly used as a restaurant run by Ken Knapmann & his wife. Ken collected many artifacts and displayed them in his restaurant. When Ken passed away part of his collection was sold at auction ca. 2000. The Craigleith Heritage Committee purchased Ken's collection. The Heritage Committee gave the collection to the Town of the Blue Mountains for the museum.|
|Physical Description||1 booklet|
Brohman, Stuart A.
Burns, Orville R.
Erb, Paul, Rev.
Helwig, William G.
Keith, Alexander R.
Koenig, Charles J.
Metzger, Alvin J.
Missere, Anthony J.
Schwalm, William J.
Weiler, Eugene J., Dr.
Wendt, Charles Edward
Wood, John C.
|Level of Description||Item|