|Title||Prize lists of the Pinkerton Exhibition|
|Dates of Creation||1915-1936|
|Creator||Pinkerton Agricultural Society|
Prize Lists of the Pinkerton Exhibition, combined with Rural School Fair for Greenock Township (starting in 1929), for the years: 1915, 1917, 1919, 1922, 1923, 1925, 1929, 1930, 1931, 1936. (Name changed to Pinkerton Fall Fair by 1936).
Booklets include lists of Officers, Directors and Board of Management members of the Pinkerton Agricultural Society.
1936 Prize List has "Mr. Gordon Pinkerton" inscribed on front cover and Entry Form enclosed inside.
|Admin/Biographical History||The Pinkerton Agricultural Society was formed in 1860 and held Fall Fairs each year. School Fairs were added in the late 1920s. For a number of years, it was called the Greenock Agricultural Society as a number of the members were from the south part of the Township. The fair originally alternated between hamlets of Pinkerton and Greenock. George Pinkerton and John Cunningham lead activities in Greenock, and in Pinkerton William Clark and Thomas Pinkerton were the leaders. The fair site was permanently located in Pinkerton in 1873. The Fair ceased to be held after the late 1930s.|
|Collection||Pinkerton Agricultural Society fonds|
|Physical Description||2 cm of textual records.|
Gregg, James A.
Moffatt, William H.
|Level of Description||File|