From the DVD dustjacket" "'Stars of the Town' are films taken mostly in Southwestern Ontario communities between 1946 and 1949 by the Rev. Leroy (Roy) Massecar (1918-1986)."
A film of the Lucknow community made on May 29, 1948, showing the day-to-day pattern of life, people and businesses in Lucknow.
Activities shown include:
- students and cadets standing at attention and walking/marching,
- people walking along the street,
- workmen demolishing building,
- Bud Thompson measuring/weighing items inside general store,
- Willard Thompson at cash register,
- men playing pool,
- Harvey Hall taking cigarette packages off shelf;
- Eileen Hall working with malt/milkshake machi